City of Devils Lake - Devils Lake North Dakota
Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by

City Commission Meeting

Tuesday, January 16th, at 5:30 p.m. in the Commission Chambers at 423 6th Street NE
Please submit agenda items to the City Auditor by Wednesday, January 10th.

Special accommodation requests for attendance at City meetings may be directed to Terry Johnston at (701) 662-7600, ext. 1.

City Commission scheduled meeting dates for 2018

Current Proposed Ordinance

Ordinance No. 951 - Mandatory Alcohol Server Training

Job Opening

Full-time Public Ways Supervisor
Part-time Assistant Library Director

Snow Removal

Snow Removal Policy & Procedures

Garbage Related Items

List of Holidays/No Garbage Pickup

News and Events

34th Annual DL Volunteer Fire Department Ice Fishing Tournament
Will be held on Saturday, January 27, 2018. Click here to learn more.

Special City Election

There will be a Special City Election held on Tuesday, March 13, 2018, to vote for a proposed additional tax up to three-quarters of one percent (.75%) on sales at retail, storage, use or consumption of personal property and sales of alcoholic beverages within the City, and dedicate two-thirds (2/3) of this increase to the Devils Lake Park Board for the construction of an Activity Center, and one-third (1/3) of this increase dedicated to the City for infrastructure improvements.  The share of this tax dedicated to the Devils Lake Park Board will sunset and cease upon the construction debt of the Activity Center being paid.  Also on the ballot is one unexpired 2 year term for a City Commissioner.    

Residents can vote at the Memorial Building located at 508 4th Ave NE from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. or cast their vote by absentee ballot beginning January 31st. To get an absentee ballot application form stop into City hall or call (701) 662-7600 to request that one be mailed to you.

City-County Primary Election

Will be held on Tuesday, June 12, 2018, at the Memorial Building located at 508 4th Ave NE.  The hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.

Vacancies Include:
1 President of City Commission, 2 City Commissioners, 3 Park Commissioners

All required documents to run for office can be picked up at City Hall located at 423 6th Street NE. 

Qualifications To Run For Office

Petition and Statement of Interest must be filed with the Office of the City Auditor no later than Monday, April 9, 2018, at 4:00 p.m.

Absentee ballots or vote by mail information can be obtained in the Office of the Ramsey County Auditor located at 524 4th Ave NE or by calling (701) 662-7007 after May 2, 2018.

Qualifications For Voting In North Dakota

Safety and Prevention

Text-A-Tip Line
The tip line can be called or texted in order to report information about: Weapons, Violence, Drugs, Alcohol, or any safety concerns. The tip line is anonymous and will be administered and responded to by local law enforcement. The Text-A-Tip number is 701-350-0792.

Receive community information instantly! Sign up at today! It's quick, easy, and secure!

Learn about Identity Theft, Sexual Assault, Methamphetamine, and Sex Offenders

Learn about Home Fire Safety, Holiday Safety, Weather Safety, Carbon Monoxide, Poison Prevention and more

Call Before You Dig
Planting a tree? Digging a hole for a mailbox? Installing a fence? Call North Dakota One Call at either 1-800-795-0555 or 811 or do your locate online at to make sure that you don't run into any underground utilities. There are a number of utility lines buried on your property - electric, telephone, gas or propane, water, sewer, and cable tv. If you have any questions regarding the One Call procedure, or need information before making the call, you may call the City Engineer's office at (701) 662-7600, ext. 2. Click here to learn what the color codes mean. It's free, it's simple, and it's the law!

City Lots For Sale

Roundhouse Subdivision
View Map of Subdivision
View List of Available Lots
Map of Sold Lots

Prices of lots/additional information can be obtained from the Assessing Dept. or by calling (701) 662-7600, ext. 3.

For Your Information

City Garden Plots

To reserve a City Garden Plot or for more information contact the Engineering Department at (701) 662-7600, ext. 2 or stop by City Hall. The City provides 143 garden spots for those City Residents who don't have space to plant a garden at their home.

Zoning Violation - Campers, RV's
Campers, RV's, and other such users are not permitted on personal property except for personal use (one per residence). Any person who violates any provision of this ordinance is subject to a $500 fine plus expenses. Questions can be directed to the Assessing Department by calling (701) 662-7600, ext. 3.

Sidewalk Replacement Program
Is your sidewalk a trip hazard? Call the City Engineering Department at (701) 662-7600, ext. 2, to see if the City will pay 50% of the replacement cost.

Blocking Off A Street/Alley/Public Right Of Way
Before blocking any portion of a street, alley, or other public right of way, call the Engineering Department for a permit, (701) 662-7600, ext. 2.

Senior Citizen Tax Credit
Are you 65 or older? Are you disabled? You may be eligible for a reduction in your real estate taxes or a partial refund of the rent you pay. Call the Assessor's Office at (701) 662-7600, ext. 3, for more information.

Tree Vouchers
The Devils Lake Shade Tree provides vouchers for homeowners to plant trees on the boulevard. Check with the Fire Department at (701) 662-3913 for more information.


Lake Region State College Royals   Devils Lake Firebirds

Tourism Information
Tourism Calendar
Devils Lake Fishing Report
Email Tourism

ND Road Report

ND Radar Weather



Green Line

Green Line
Email Login
© 2001 - 2017 City of Devils Lake, all rights reserved
Site designed and maintained by NDTC